A client certificate downloaded over-the-air, cannot be opened and installed on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10.
A certificate can be opened and installed when it has been imported using a USB cable.
Use the following steps to get a client certificate installed on the BlackBerry Z10 or Q10:
- To import the certificate using a USB connection, connect your BlackBerry device to your computer using a USB cable. If necessary, on your computer, enter your device password.
- On your device, swipe down from the top of the home screen.
- Tap Settings > About.
- In the drop-down list, tap Network.
- In the USB section, make note of the IPv4 address.
- On your computer, navigate to and copy a certificate file.
- If your computer uses a Windows operating system, in a Run command, type the IPv4 address of the BlackBerry in the following format: \\xx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
- If your computer uses a Mac operating system, select Go > Connect to Server. Type the IPv4 address of the BlackBerry in the following format: smb://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
- Open the certs folder. If necessary, enter the username and storage access password.
- Paste the certificate into the certs folder.
- On your device, tap > Security and Privacy > Certificates > Import.
- Select the Class of certificate (Either Personal Trusted CA or Personal Client)
- Select the certificate stores to import the certificate into
- Press Next
- Select the certificate to import and select Import
- Enter the password associated with the certificate if required