The GO!NotifyLink Enterprise Server supports synchronizing two devices with a single collaboration suite account (example: synchronizing an iPhone and an iPad with one account). This configuration requires that the user occupy multiple user seats on the GO!NotifyLink server. Two methods are supported.
Method supported by NotifyLink v4.8.2 Patch 3 or greater and GO!NotifyLink
On GO!NotifyLink servers running version 4.8.2 Patch 3 or greater, synchronizing multiple devices with a single collaboration suite account can be done using a single email address. (Older versions of GO!NotifyLink require the use of "dummy" email addresses - See below.) Only devices with an ActiveSync or GO!NotifySync for BlackBerry application are eligible. A user record must be added for each of the user's ActiveSync devices so that email, calendar, contacts, and tasks are synchronized to each device. Each user record occupies a licensed seat on the NotifyLink server.
Each user/device record should have:
-The same Email Address
-The same Client Web Authentication Type and Username
-A unique entry in the Alias field that identifies the device (This entry appears on the Client and Web pages in a drop-down list of the user's devices.)
Suggested Setup Processes
The server assigns each user account an incremental ClientDeviceSAKey when it is created. A device registers against the account that has the lowest ClientDeviceSAKey. To ensure that each device is registered against the correct account, follow one of the setup processes outlined below:
If an administrator is registering the user's devices . . .
Create one account choosing the appropriate Device Type and entering an Alias that identifies the user as well as the device model. Register a device against it before you create another account.
If the user is registering his or her own devices . . .
Add all the accounts to the server before the user begins to register devices. Once you have created the accounts, tell the user the order in which he or she should register the devices. The device registered first will be associated with the first account created on the server.
Method supported by NotifyLink v4.7 or greater
The alternate method supported on a GO!NotifyLink server running version 4.7 or greater, requires the use of a "dummy" email address for a second device.
To set up multiple devices using this method, perform the following steps.
- Configure the first email address and device: The main account/address can be added to the GO!NotifyLink Enterprise Server (via Add User). No special action is needed with the first account. Register the first device to this account following the user guide instructions.
- Configure the second account.
- Add the second account to the GO!NotifyLink Enterprise Server with a “dummy” email address. This dummy address does not need to be a valid email address, but it does need to be unique. This address will only be used for registering the device. Enter the same user login ID from the first account in the Mail and PIM Username fields.
- Check the box for “Enable Sender Email Address” and add the user’s valid email address here. This address will be used as the sender on all messages sent from the device and will ensure that email replies are received in the valid email account.
- Configure the second device: When registering the second device, use the “dummy” address as the user ID. This ID will only be used for device enrollment. The Sender Email Address configured at the time the user was created will be used for all email handling.
To switch methods:
To switch users currently synchronizing multiple devices using dummy email addresses to the synchronization method supported by GO!NotifyLink 4.8.2 Patch 3, existing accounts must be removed, new accounts must be created, and the devices must be re-registered. BlackBerry users would have to use the GO!NotifySync ActiveSync agent instead of the GO!NotifyLink client.