GO!NotifyLink Enterprise Server:
If you are having trouble connecting to the SQL server from the other GO!NotifyLink server/servers try testing the ODBC (SQL) Connection between servers:
1. Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools
2. Select Data Sources (ODBC)
3. Click the SystemDSN Tab
** SQL Server Listed **
If the connection called NLSQLServerDSN is listed, complete these steps:
1. Select the SQL Server and click the "Configure" button
2. Name and Description are listed here. Make sure the Server field has the correct IP address (use IP for testing if DNS) -> Click Next
3. Select the option to login "With SQL Server Authentication"
a. Click the Client Configuration button
b. Under Network Libraries, ensure TCP/IP is selected
c. Under Connection Parameters, ensure the correct IP is listed
d. Make sure that "Dynamically determine port" is checked and click "OK"
4. Fill in the correct SQL login information
a. Username: sa and Password: by default
5. Click Next
a. If this gives an error, ensure the SQL authentication is correct
b. You can try "nlsqlserverdsn" for both the Username and Password if sa did not work
6. Click the checkbox to "Change the default database to:" and then select NLES_IMAP4_POP3 within the drop down list
7. Leave the rest as default, then click Next, and then click Finish.
8. Click the "Test Data Source" button to test the connection. If successful, you will see TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY!
** SQL Server NOT Listed **
If the connection NLSQLServerDSN is not listed, create a new connection by completing these steps:
1. Click the Add button under the SystemDSN tab
2. Scroll to the bottom and select SQL Server
3. Fill in the following fields
a. Name: Name the server
b. Description: Enter a description for the server
c. Server: enter the IP of the SQL server (or if on same server)) Click Next
4. Select the radio button selection for SQL Server Authentication
5. Click the Client Configuration button. Make sure TCP/IP is selected under Network Libraries.
6. Server Alias and Server name should be populated the same (Normally IP address of SQL server). Also, make sure Dynamically determine port is selected. Click OK
7. Enter the SQL Server information in the login box (username sa and password ) or (username nlsqlserverdsn and password nlsqlserverdsn). Click Next
8. Select the Change the default database to checkbox and select NLES_IMAP4_POP3 database from the drop down list
9. Leave the rest as default, then click Next, and then click Finish
10. Click the Test Data Source button to test the connection. If successful, you will see TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY!