Knowledgebase: iPad/iPhone/iPod touch
Upgrade to NLES v4.5.2 requires existing iPhone users to change username
Posted by - NA - on 27 July 2009 10:46 AM
Existing iPhone/iPod touch users on NotifyLink Enterprise Servers that
have been upgraded to v4.5.2 will fail to authenticate until the
username on the device is changed to match their email address.|
Follow the directions below to update the username.
After you update the username, you may also have to exit and re-enter the page to edit the email address. This is due to the firmware's attempt to verify that the email address and username match.
1. Tap the Settings icon on the device Home screen.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Tap your account and then tap Account Info
4. Update the Username field with your full email address.
5. Go back one screen, then re-enter the Account Info page.
6. The email address may appear with the @domain portion of the address duplicated. If so, remove the extra @domain portion.
7. Go back a screen to save any changes from step 6.
Users registering with an iPhone/iPod touch for the first time on a 4.5.2 or greater server will enter their full email address in the username field, but will not need to re-enter to fix the email field.