SQL Server 2005:
Below are the steps for preparing your NotifyLink (NLES) server to use with SQL Server 2005 Express:
1. Install the SQL Server 2005 Express database first. This can be downloaded from:
Click "download" and save it to your server. After saving it, go ahead an run it.
2. After the server has been installed, download the Management Studio from:
Download the file named "SQLServer2005_SSMSEE.msi".
Once the Management Studio has been installed, you MUST enable TCP. To do this, complete the following steps:
1. Start -> Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> Configuration Tools -> SQL Server Configuration Manager.
2. Expand "SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration" -> Click on "Protocols for SQLExpress" -> Right click on TCP/IP, and select "Enable".
3. Expand "SQL Native Client Configuration" -> Click on "Client Protocols" -> Right click on TCP/IP, and select "Enable".
Once these steps have been completed, your server is now prepared to go through the NLES install as normal