Getting a 502 Bad Gateway error when downloading an attachment (T-Mobile)
Posted by - NA - on 06 July 2009 01:19 PM
When retrieving an attachment on a T-Mobile Blackberry, a 502 Bad
Gateway error may pop up on the device. If this happens, change the
Network Preference to either Blackberry or TCP.|
To change the Network Preference, you will do the following:
1. Go into NotifyLink Email on the device
2. Click in on the scroll wheel and select Preferences
3. Highlight the Network Setting
4. Click in on the scroll wheel and select Change Option
5. Select either BlackBerry or TCP from this list
6. Click in on the scroll wheel once more and choose Save
If you change it to TCP, you have to also do the following:
1. Go into Options (should be on the main screen of the Blackberry).
2. Scroll down until you find TCP.
3. Inside TCP, set the APN to wap.voicestream.com, then save the change.
* If the Blackberry device is a 71xx series, the TCP option may be under Applications/ Settings.