BlackBerry Devices With OS v4.2.1 and Later
Posted by - NA - on 06 July 2009 01:10 PM
Issue: On BlackBerry devices with OS 4.2.1 and later, users must allow the NotifyLink application access to the phone logs to avoid seeing a prompt each time NotifyLink attempts to establish a connection.
Applicable Devices To Date: 8800
Background: For BlackBerry OS 4.2.1 and later, the default application permission for the Phone API is to prompt the user to allow access. Any application, therefore, that interacts with the phone, prompts the user to grant this permission. NotifyLink interacts with the phone each time it tries to establish a network connection, checking the phone first to see whether or not a call is in process. Users will continuously receive this prompt until they perform one of the following solutions.
OPTION ONE: Perform any time you get the permission prompt.
When prompted to allow access to the phone logs check the “Don’t ask this again” box and press the “Yes” button. This will need done up to 3 times.
OPTION TWO: Perform using the device’s Settings menu.
Change the default application permission for interacting with the Phone application from “Prompt” to “Allow”. If the user selected “No” when prompted to allow access to the Phone Logs this solution will undo their selection and allow NotifyLink to interact with the phone application. The steps to do this are listed below.
1. On the main device screen select the “Settings” icon.
2. On the settings screen select the Options icon.
3. On the Options screen select “Advanced Options”
4. On the Advanced Options screen select “Applications”
5. On the Applications screen highlight the NotifyLink application
6. Open the menu and select the “Edit Permissions” menu item
7. On the Permissions screen expand the “Connections” permission and change the “Phone” setting from “Prompt” to “Allow”.
8. Select “Save” from the menu.