Knowledgebase: iPad/iPhone/iPod touch
iPhone does not make connection at registration if SSL Certificate error prompt is not accepted
Posted by - NA - on 30 June 2009 04:35 PM
During account setup (registration) for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad, the device tries to connect to the NotifyLink server over SSL An error message reading, "Unable to Verify Certificate," displays if the server is not using SSL or its SSL certificate could not be verified.
The correct response at this prompt is "Accept." However, should the user tap "Cancel" by mistake, the device will fail to make a connection and the prompt does not appear again.
To rectify this situation, you must "trick" the device into displaying the prompt again. Editing the username on the device and then correcting the edit, will cause the prompt to reappear.
1. From the device Home screen tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Tap your account, then Account Info
3. Make a change to the username (add a character, etc.)
4. When the prompt appears, tap Accept.
5. The device asks for a new password since now the username and password don't match. Tap Cancel.
6. Edit the username so that it is again correct.
7. When the prompt appears, tap Accept. The device should connect and retrieve available data.