Here are some tips for conserving battery power on your device.
- Adjust your Push Settings
- Scheduled Push
- Set the Scheduled Push frequency to a higher interval.
- Decrease the range of your synchronization period by adjusting the Start/Stop time
- Direct Push
Push settings can be changed from your device using the NotifyLink Preferences menu.
- Issue the Block command for any spam email that should not be sent to your device.
- Use the suspension Commands to shut Notify OFF during periods you do not actively use the device.
- Change the backlight on the device to a low setting.
- Bluetooth Users - turn off Bluetooth when not in use. Note - Bluetooth usage will decrease your battery life in general. Please refer to your manufacturer guides for further information.
- Purchase an extended or spare battery for your device.
Reference the device guide written for your device type to read more about Push Settings, Blocks, and Commands. http://notifylink.notify.net/deviceclients.asp
- Lessen the email traffic going to your device
Access the Client Web to specify what email should be allowed through to the device.
- Enable Smart Read Status and Smart Delete
Select General > Control > Messaging Options and check the boxes beside Smart Read Status and Smart Delete
- Turn off Include Response History
Select General > Control > Tracking/Errors and remove the check beside Include Response History
- Create Filters for any email you do not need sent to the device
Select Mailbox Properties > Filters to create filters.
- Synchronize essential email folders only and turn folder mirroring off
Select Mailbox Properties > Folders and select Show INBOX only
Select General > Control > Messaging Options and remove the check beside Folder Mirroring
- Make the email body notification size less than the default.
Select General > Format > Notification Body Format and adjust the Notification Size.
- Turn off attachments
Select General > Format and remove the check beside Send attached files to device
Reference the Client Web Guide to read more about customizing your account.