Upgrading using your BlackBerry Device (over-the-air)
You can upgrade your Documents To Go software directly from your device (over-the-air) without having to install software on your computer and connect via USB.
- You are required to register the version of the application installed in order to download the software updates. Launch any of the Documents to Go applications and select “Register” from the menu. You will be prompted to connect to the internet to complete the registration. Select yes to continue.
- Fill in the registration form and use the “Register” menu item to complete the registration.
- Once registration is complete, return back to any of the Documents to Go applications and select “Check for Updates” from the menu.
- You will be taken to a web browser that will display the updates available for the installed version of the software. There will be a download link if there is an update available. Click the link to continue.
- At the application install screen, select the “Download” button to complete the download. The browser will download and install the updates to the Documents to Go software. If you are prompted to reboot the device after the installation is complete, select yes to reboot.
Installing / Upgrading using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
Dataviz provides desktop installation files for Documents to Go to be installed using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.
- Connect the device to a computer via USB and make sure that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.7 (or later) is installed.
- In your web browser, go to the Dataviz BES/IT Admin page for Documents to Go for BlackBerry (http://www.dataviz.com/products/documentstogo/blackberry/bes_admin.html) and click the link to download the “ALX for Documents To Go Standard Edition”. You will need to fill in a registration form and you may need to refer to the Documents To Go software installed on your device for a registration number. If required, you can obtain the registration number by launching any of the Documents to Go applications and viewing the “About” menu item.
- Download the zip file to your hard drive and decompress the file.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop manager, open the Application Loader and browse to where the previously saved files are located and select the .ALX file to be added to the application list.
- Finish the Application Loader wizard to complete the upgrade of your Documents to Go Software.