These instructions apply only to iOS 5 device users interfacing with a server that employs the Apple advanced MDM functionality.
Due to a difference in the way configuration profiles are handled, users may need to perform the steps outlined below after an upgrade of the NotifyMDM server to version 1.9.1.
A) If the device prompts the user to load the configuration profile “NotifyMDM iOS APN Configuration File,” but the user is not prompted for their Exchange password, “Password Required, enter the password for the Exchange account NotifyMDM iOS ActiveSync File”
the device doesn’t have the ‘NotifyMDM iOS ActiveSync File’ profile loaded (check at Settings > General > Profiles), perform the following steps:
- Manually remove the configuration profile.
Select Settings > General > Profiles. Select the ‘NotifyMDM iOS Mobile Configuration File’ profile and tap Remove.
- Check to see if the Exchange account still exists. If it does, delete the account.
Select Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts. Select the Exchange account and tap Delete Account.
- The device will automatically reload the ActiveSync profile ‘NotifyMDM iOS ActiveSync File.’
Note that this may takes several synchronization cycles to complete, so the amount of time depends on your sync schedule.
B) If the device does not prompt the user to load the configuration profile when trying to sync through the NotifyMDM App, an administrator should perform the following steps:
Check the dashboard to see whether the device is actively being used for two NotifyMDM accounts.
- Go to the Smart Device and Users grid on the dashboard. Click the Choose Visible Columns button and select the Device UID column. Find the Device UID column in the grid and sort by this column.
- Look for iOS devices that use the same Device UID
- If the Device UID is not duplicated, follow instructions in scenario A.
- If the Device UID is duplicated, clear enrollment for all users that show the duplicate Device UID. Then instruct the user to open the NotifyMDM App and sync the device. The device will automatically reload the ActiveSync profile ‘NotifyMDM iOS ActiveSync File.’
Note that this may take several synchronization cycles to complete, so the amount of time depends on the sync schedule.